CI Host sued by Microsoft

I'm trying to follow the news, but haven't heard anything since. Expected answer is 10 days maximum, then CI Host is in serious trouble. If they don't respond, the Court will rule Microsoft as a winner.

If anyone hears anything, please update us.

I recently had a client I did a free site for (non profit) who said some of the board members for her non profit recommended CI Host. I found tons of negative feedback on them so I advised against it. I never even noticed this post about them violating licensing laws. How can you be a big company and not take care of proper licensing of MICROSOFT products?

Jeez, where did MSFT ever said they were any way interested in CI's client list? Nowhere. C I host makes it all about competition, trying to drive attention from the fact that all they are asked to do according to Microsoft company is to pay up for software used.

hostthebest said:
That how I find out from WHT
Ok, well WHT is pulling all CI threads as of late, so you must have seen it in the hour or so before they killed it.

Artashes said:
Jeez, where did MSFT ever said they were any way interested in CI's client list? Nowhere. C I host makes it all about competition, trying to drive attention from the fact that all they are asked to do according to Microsoft company is to pay up for software used.
This is the same game Chris tried to play with AOL (flashback):

"CI Host plans to seek monetary damages of at least $10 million because of damage to the company's reputation, loss of business and loss of good will from its customers, Faulkner said.

The suit alleges that AOL was trying to steal customers from CI Host.
"

Btw, you can download a copy of Microsoft's original complaint at http://www.forumhosts.com/cihost.htm (Disclaimer: I have no connection whatsoever with that site)

I was just reading the complaint and came across this passage:

"By letter dated December 13, 2001, C I Host's attorney contacted Microsoft, denied that C I Host had engaged in any wrongdoing, and threatened to sue Microsoft for defamation if Microsoft made its allegations known to any third parties."

:rolleyes:

Eric Radtke said:
I was just reading the complaint and came across this passage:

"By letter dated December 13, 2001, C I Host's attorney contacted Microsoft, denied that C I Host had engaged in any wrongdoing, and threatened to sue Microsoft for defamation if Microsoft made its allegations known to any third parties."

:rolleyes:

Heh.. I forgot how old this conflict is for a second. its been going on for over 2 years now.. Wow. Finally they meet in court soon. We'll see whose lawyers really work for their salaries now.

And yes, WHT has been killing every single thread in regard of the CI Host case.

Best,

infamy microsoft! Anyway... why do CIHost use windows anyway? I mean, Linux is far better. If they are looking for ASP, we got chillisoftASP :)

They didn't!

No more news are available on the subject. Even at Google News! I sure hope CI didn't make Google remove all the content about them there... :mic:

Yea I would like to see who wins this one.. :) I could care less for CI Host they have always seemed to cause issues for there clients. 200,000+ or not.. LoL

It's funny how I get a email from cihost when I was looking for my dedicated box not knowing they were getting sued at the moment.

Interesting fight, so why should you pay for the machines using Windows? I still don't understand what Microsoft is talking about. When you purchase a dedicated server, you purchase the software Windows 2003 with license for all machines, why would you have to pay monthly 500 for each machine? I can go and get the software and put a server with windows, I shouldn't have to pay any online fees as I purchased the product, or am I wrong?