Chat service online

yoni

Hi, we have been trying the chat online widget on our website <name snipped>. and it is going good, right now we run the show :)
but still when people leave the office it is turn off, we dont want to leave it oeen for email registration

So my question is, how many of you use outsource comapnies for chat service online? dose it any good?

I've outsourced my support one time, and it didn't end very well. I believe that it is better to be active on your own live chat. If you outsource, a lot of the time, the people that you hire can't do certain tasks/don't know anything about your company/as well, they don't generally speak good English and eventually get sloppy.

I'd go with hiring more staff personally, because if you get good outsourced support, you're going to be paying hundreds of dollars per month towards that, when you could have a few good employees to handle live chat that will do much better. However, if you do decide to go with live chat, be sure to monitor everything they do.

I wouldn't recommend outsourcing your live chat, and keep it within the company. If anything, you could outsource your tickets, but I still don't feel too comfortable about that.

I fully agree with the above. You need to be reliable partner for your customers. Outsorcing your job is either costly or dangerous and should be avoided by start-ups.

AS for the chat system - Livezilla serves us good. It starts a chat when we are online and transforms it into a request ticket if there are no active agents at the moment. Therefore, all requests are processed in a timely matter.

Hi, we have been trying the chat online widget on our website <name snipped>. and it is going good, right now we run the show :)
but still when people leave the office it is turn off, we dont want to leave it oeen for email registration

So my question is, how many of you use outsource comapnies for chat service online? dose it any good?

We were looking at the outsourcing route, but as others have said it's best to keep the support in house who better to know your business than your own stuff (sometimes ;) )

Livezilla is good, but at present we don't get a lot of requests for live chat at the moment to warrant paying for such a solution,

if anything we do a lot of support using Skype.

I use Jivo chat and it's really good. It is web based but you have total control over every aspect. Something I recommend to all.

Live chat support is essential for a hosting business, People can understand much better via live chat even than reading the tos. Regarding the outsourcing Live chat or Helpdesk, note that you needs to define well the rules, What you accept and what you dont accept, means policy should be clear and change in policy should be notified exactly. Several Hosting gaints outsource helpdesk and Live chat to third parties.

We outsource our tech support right now, just for tickets. Our other support channels are available during business hours.

We're also a little bit different than the average web host. We also do web design services, so those sales questions are hard to outsource.

A best option for Live Chat / Sales support with in-house staffs, which might not need 24x7 like as Technical Support. Outsourced staff might not give the exact answer to the prospective clients like as your own staff can give.
I only prefer Outsource support for Technical issues only as secondary option for 24x7 support.

When you all say you have hired staff or should hire staff for support, what kind of money are you paying these support people? I would think hiring an employee would cost way more than just outsourcing.

When you all say you have hired staff or should hire staff for support, what kind of money are you paying these support people? I would think hiring an employee would cost way more than just outsourcing.

Really depends on the country you live in as the salaries can strongly vary. But even if support salaries are slightly more than those for outsourced support, the difference in quality would give much greater value to your investment (provided you do also train them properly).

I agree that for a startup, especially a one-man-show this might be too great of a cost, but in the long term in-house support is the way all hosts should go.

If you're a one man show, its best to do it yourself although its hard at the start. Rhino Live Chat is one good software to start with

Livezilla is truly the best solution for start-ups and small companies. Versions below 3.3.2 have free 1-agent support licence and when your budget grows you can upgrade it with ease. It automatically creates tickets if agent is offline, so your customers don't have to ask twice. Both agents and customer's interfaces are simple and convenient. What else would you need?

Actually this thread is long ago dead and should not be answered any more.

We've used BoldChat for a couple of years. The software is free, but it is also limited on its capabilities. Works well for our volume.

For now, we are using livechat only for sales, and we could say, that for that reason we have increased our clients list. Sometimes we are using it and for resolve some small tech problems

I've outsourced my support one time, and it didn't end very well. I believe that it is better to be active on your own live chat. If you outsource, a lot of the time, the people that you hire can't do certain tasks/don't know anything about your company/as well, they don't generally speak good English and eventually get sloppy.

I'd go with hiring more staff personally, because if you get good outsourced support, you're going to be paying hundreds of dollars per month towards that, when you could have a few good employees to handle live chat that will do much better. However, if you do decide to go with live chat, be sure to monitor everything they do.

I wouldn't recommend outsourcing your live chat, and keep it within the company. If anything, you could outsource your tickets, but I still don't feel too comfortable about that.

If you ever think of outsourcing,
1) SEO
2) Level 3 Support for those who operate their own servers.

Never you outsource
1) Slaes
2) Billing
3) Livechat.

We use a live chat service but it really depends from the kind of service.

Some of them let you customize it fully, others not.

You should choose the best one according to your needs.