card surcharges to end

Great stuff but there are some negatives from this... HMRC is no longer accepting credit card payments so I imagine that will impact a lot of people.

According to the article, Just Eat has replaced it's 50p credit card surcharge with a 50p service fee for every payment method.

Wonder how else other businesses will try to get around this.

I hope they abolish chargeback fee too.

That's quite different.
If you do your job correctly, you can avoid chargeback fees. I think I've faced 3, maybe 4 over 17 years. Keep the client happy, document everything, make sure that things are done as they should be.

What they're looking at ending (and should) is those nasty charges that get added because you're using payment method A over payment method B.

This will simply get baked into the cost of services or goods, however. That's fine, as the company can't simply absorb these.

Great stuff but there are some negatives from this... HMRC is no longer accepting credit card payments so I imagine that will impact a lot of people.

According to the article, Just Eat has replaced it's 50p credit card surcharge with a 50p service fee for every payment method.

Wonder how else other businesses will try to get around this.

Yes, you can legally change it to a service or admin fee, which i think a lot of businesses will do.

These charges cannot be passed onto customers using credit/debit cards and paypal, but you can still charge customers using direct debits and bank transfers.
Also look at WHMCS you have to use their built in tax feature to make these charges, but this goes for all customers using all payment methods, so no way of making this exclude those using card payments.

Also not a lot of advertising on this, i only found out the day before the change and so far Stripe, Payatrader, Paypal have not informed me about this change

Yes, you can legally change it to a service or admin fee, which i think a lot of businesses will do.
Or, like I mentioned, just bake it into the products/services which should have been done altogether. yes, every customer loses, but it is what it is.

you can still charge customers using direct debits and bank transfers.
Which is rather bizarre, because (at least from my experience), these don't actually have any fees. Of course, I could be wrong, Lord knows I have been before, but from what I've seen so far, the fees are small enough that it's not a deal, or there's no fee period?

Also not a lot of advertising on this, i only found out the day before the change and so far Stripe, Payatrader, Paypal have not informed me about this change
This is more of something I'd expect to come from newspapers, trades, government channels, not really the merchant themselves.

I'm happy to see these fees coming to an end for those of you that have them. Honestly, as I said, this is a cost of doing business that should just be baked into the product / service. Hell, I think my average is about $25, $30/month depending on the work I'm doing. that's less than an hour of professional work. No need to tack that on anywhere else.

Hello,

Most companies will end up adding transaction fees or service fees across all payment processors to circumvent this change in law. Otherwise, they will just increase the prices.

Best Regards.

Hello,

Most companies will end up adding transaction fees or service fees across all payment processors to circumvent this change in law. Otherwise, they will just increase the prices.

Best Regards.

as long as you dont call it a transaction or processing fee then you are OK, so most will just rename it a service charge or admin fee.