Bitcoin thoughts?

SenseiSteve

HD Moderator
Staff member
It's been a few years since cryptocurrency became popular. I wonder what you think of BitCoin now that the market has matured some. Have you added that as an option, or dropped it? If you do offer it, what percentage of your sales do you think you can attribute to it?

We've never offered bitcoin as a payment option. I think it would have to stabilize quite a bit more. When you think about it, even if the price fluctuates 5%, that's a lot of money lost if you didn't adjust the prices of your products at a precise time.

I'm not sure how vendors were adjusting when bitcoin was literally making gigantic moves in minutes or even seconds.

I was thinking about accepting bitcoin as a payment option for our web hosting services. But I drop it after the price fall from $7500 to $3600.

I think the price fluctuates a lot especially these few months and it is something uncontrollable.

I am not sure the price will rise or fall after the halving.

On a consumer side, I'd love to also hear how many who are "supposed" to accept Bitcoin, are using it to shop for products/services themselves.

If someone is accepting Bitcoin, for the sake of having that option, but do not believe enough in it to use elsewhere, then they are just derailing their own business.

I did offer bitcoin as a payment method in the past.

Since my prices are lower than the norm, I attracted a lot of abusive users ( Hosting illegal content ). The percentage was quite high and made me stop offering BTC as a payment method

We have yet to take that leap yet. I have full faith in bitcon and think it will continue to go up in price but just not ready to roll that option out yet.

I wanted to use it bitcoin but most apps are just hanging when doing a payment so i have no use for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Preffer to Take a Bitcoins as Payment options

like if you receive payment from now..we have to calculate current time/minute rate via Xe com....and then accept payment..if you want that payment as investment then hold it...else sold it immediately as per current rate of market

Regards,

We are accepting Bitcoin via BitPay, which I highly recommend as a BTC processor to anybody, as they work really good!

Bitcoin is actually very good. As processing fees are minimal. And risk of dispute is none.
Same as some other folks, we been sceptic about abuse of our services by clients who are using BTC. But, at least in our case, it turned out that compared to for example PayPal or CC, we had much lower amount of abusive clients who are using BTC as payment method. So in our case, this skepticism turned out as false.

So should you have Bitcoin as payment method? Yes!
Just be careful, as some banks don't like them. So always check with your commercial bank if they are ok with Bitcoin or not (this depends from country to country and bank policies as well).

Bitcoin is way better than paypal but what I found is many abusers/spammer are now paying with bitcoin to avoid fraud check.

To accept payments in Bitcoin, Tether, Ripple is possibility to pass the competitors and join in large history, in fact on the prognoses of research organizations the volume of transfrontal cryptocurrency payments in the following 5 will increase in 25 times.A reception of cryptopayments is independence from traditional bank institutes and more subzero commissions by comparison to the traditional payment systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now for us around 20% payments are coming from bitcoin. Fee wise I guess it is much more better than paypal :)

To accept payments in Bitcoin, Tether, Ripple is possibility to pass the competitors and join in large history, in fact on the prognoses of research organizations the volume of transfrontal cryptocurrency payments in the following 5 will increase in 25 times.A reception of cryptopayments is independence from traditional bank institutes and more subzero commissions by comparison to the traditional payment systems.
What following 5?

Since there are multiple redundant copies of the transactions database, no one can seize bitcoins. The most someone can do is force the user, by other means, to send the the bitcoins to someone else. This means that governments can’t freeze someone’s wealth, and thus users of Bitcoins will have complete freedom to do anything they want with their money.

Personally BItcoin, alike with many of these new cryptocurrencies, are a little too over my head and I do not really have much time to research about them whilst running a hosting company :)

Instead I just use a merchant that accepts Bitcoin and pays the amount to my PayPal with the value at the time of the transaction.

In my opinion Bitcoin, is not yet worth it. Will, personally wait a little bit longer, then accept payments via Bitcoin.

Personally I think bitcoin will be worth it. Everything will soon be digital and we will use more bitcoins as a form of payments.

And just to think I was considering buying 100 dollars worth of bitcoin when it launched, just for the sake of having it... 😂