Best way to get more customers?

AliR

I currently own a business that sells servers/web hosting/domains and I can't seem to find many customers. I've tried and spent a fortune Facebook ads and it has only resulted in a net loss. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Continue advertising? (If yes, then on fb, google, youtube, or bing?)

Thank you,

Ali

I recently started a few months ago, so I'm really relying on ads to get my brand out there.

Hello Ali,

The market is very saturated but there is certainly the clients out there if you market your business differently.

I think Youtube is highly underrated as a marketing platform. For example you could record tutorials on how to create a website and market your business through that.

Hi Ali,

I am not sure burning your marketing budget on a single source was the best decision, especially when that source is Facebook.

When starting, it is best to make a rule to always research the topic. Hundreds of companies before you have spent a lot of money advertising in all kind of ways, from traditional advertising to search engine techniques. A lot of them share their experiences in professional communities, or in blog posts. Some studies are posted by specialty media. After looking at a number of them, it seems to me that the general consensus in regard to Facebook is that it is an ineffective method in converting sales. You would have probably seen the same feedback and reports if you were to scan forums like ours for similar questions.

My suggestion to you today is to diversify as much as possible. Separate your budget in 4 different baskets, for example, run advertising (at times this advertising would not cost you anything but your time, when it comes to social - forums, social media, etc.) and assess results. Wherever you see best results, increase its budget. When things don't work, cut them out of your marketing equation.

For the purpose to get more customers you have to get at less some customers. Social media may not help because too many people that aren't interested.

Ofcourse you have to keep continue advertising as well as SEO and as per my opinion , you should do the market research , check out what unique service or addon your can provide and that should boost your sales.

I would do some split testing to determine what works for you, and then eliminate what doesn't work. I'd seriously consider marketing to your local community, either direct mail, door to door, or by joining groups similar to BNI or YellowTie.

I currently own a business that sells servers/web hosting/domains and I can't seem to find many customers. I've tried and spent a fortune Facebook ads and it has only resulted in a net loss. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Continue advertising? (If yes, then on fb, google, youtube, or bing?)

Thank you,

Ali
Well ask your self what you do before buy some service from company which isn't well known...you probably google "company_name reviews"....there are some very good hosting dir. websites you can gain traffic from..most of them publish customer reviews..make sure you have some...only than your ads will get some results....this is not only thing ..but it is very important

Along with what everyone else said, if you're looking to make your business stand out (any business), you need to go where the others are not.

Thousands of web hosts are on Adwords or forums, you need to go where they are not. Ideally, the places I'd recommend would be those local to your physical location so people can put a face with the name.

This might mean networking groups, specific conference groups (not web hosting or graphic design related, but targeted at small business owners).

Once you have your client base, THEN you can go the other route.

When I had my hosting company, we didn't get into adwords until probably the final two year (that's after 15+ years in business). We were also VERY selective in what we went after. It wasn't "hosting", it was a specific software or client target.

Start small. Focus on your market. Expand as needed. You don't run a marathon after 1 week at the gym!

Start small. Focus on your market. Expand as needed. You don't run a marathon after 1 week at the gym!
Love the analogy. So many entrepreneurs expect to kill it in their first year, only to realize after a couple of months that probably won't happen.

yes i have seen so many start off with a VPS or dedicated server without any experience or clients and then fold within a few months as they are not making any money.

I have also told people start small with a reseller account and build up a stable clientbase and reputation and then only when you are ready move to a Managed VPS unless you know what you are doing and go for an unmanaged VPS

Well, you have to identify your domestic targeted audience, make them offers using attractive banners advertisement and post it on tech blogs, websites and forums.
It would defiantly work for you. You have to approach some business developers on commission based. The individuals of companies that have experience in technology sectors can help you out to find more potential clients. Affiliate marketing tactic also result oriented in this regard.

hmm, facebook is not going to get you sales especially for hosting business but facebook ads are good to make your brand awarness.
Start with forums if you dont want to target local clients... and also learn about how the ad marketing works and only than start using them.

My recommendation here is to do your best on the Local Market. There's a huge demand in your local market. Try to reach out to those who are not yet having online presence. They will be your best cusomers.

Marketing online is used to be awesome, but not anymore these days. The online market is so saturated with many offers and unbeatable discounts. What makes you win the competition is to acquire fresh clients and those local business getting started and need a website.