Anyone has any experience with Porkbun?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
No, I am not talking about a treat. :D

Porkbun is a domain registrar with attractive pricing (check out .com / .net, for example) with even further bulk discount available. Their pricing is even better than Enom/netearthone deposit-based reseller pricing.

https://porkbun.com/products/details

They seem to have just over 50 likes on their Facebook page, which tells me they might be a young company, but they don't come across amateurish.

Thoughts? Comments?

I have gone threw their offers and plan but its not looks like an exclusive price, although another providers having the good price compare to porkbun.

Their .com's are really cheap, but would u risk a few dollars.. I'd rather get my domains from namecheap or namesilo :)

Their .com's are really cheap, but would u risk a few dollars.. I'd rather get my domains from namecheap or namesilo :)

When you have 100+ of them, it starts to make a difference.

That's the thing with Porkbun, it isn't the very first time I noticed them and while they are a small team, the company is pretty transparent in who runs it. These aren't newbies to the business.

Still an interesting option, just because it isn't a reseller product and no large deposits are necessary to gain better renewal rates.

I might transfer a couple of names to them to start and see how it goes. If I do, I'll definitely share the experience.

Porkbun is owned by Top Level Design registry, so they've been around a fair while. From what I know, Top Level Design / PorkBun own the TLD's of .ink, .wiki, and .design, as such they are the registry for those TLD's.
Anyway, they are ICANN accredited.

The owner says:
Our pricing model is really simple, we just put a $1 mark up on non-premium domains (after CC and ICANN fees).

They don't have enough TLD's that I use to move to them. Their pricing is great, though.

Considering Namecheap still resells through eNom, PorkBun probably won't run away anytime soon.

@Localnode, thanks for finding that post. Lots of good information there. And great feedback all around. My next domain renewal is heading their way.

I see that the price is not good comparing to Namecheap or Namesilo :), especially for TLDs.

What do you mean specifically by a TLD? That's exactly where Porkbun's pricing is so much better than Namecheap.

I went ahead and registered a few domains with them (all .com). They take additional $0.30 off each consecutive domain when you are buying together. So:

domain1.com $8.84
domain2.com $8.54
domain3.com $8.54
domain4.com $8.54

Pretty refreshing. I'll be slowly transfering more names to them as they come to renewal.

I haven't used them and as you say, they do seem pretty young / new so I'd personally be hesitant. I see you've registered the names though so be sure to let us know how things go :).

NameSilo is also a great alternative for cheap domains. They're more well known and used by many. At the 100+ names you have, you'd be getting them for $8.79 -- Sure a few cents more on the rates you're getting but the reassurance from being a larger company may balance that out.