Alternative to live support

Harry jack

Account Disabled
Can anybody suggest alternative way for live support. As some of the hosting providers do not provide complete support on live chat even if the service is managed one. What is better way to contact them? Sometimes even support tickets response is not so quick..

Really, you have to go with what the company offers. There is just no other way and if you try to reach out to a support channel where they do not provide support, you're just going to get redirected to a channel where they do offer support (the help desk for example).

If you're not happy with your hosting provider (as they only provide support over the helpdesk), the only other option is to find a new provider that offers the support channel you prefer.

You can look if your provider offers: Skype, tickets/email, live chat, phone and even over social channels such as Twitter / Facebook.

One thing you can check is if their SLA is met . If that is met and that is not the one you need, then look for better managed service or take a unmanaged server and get a support company to manage your vps

I can suggest a Facebook button with chat application on your website as a good alternative to live chat. It will help communicate with your visitors anytime just as a live chat support.

When it comes down to it, ask yourself this... It's important
Do I need live support?

In most cases, the question is absolutely not.
This is hosting we're talking about, not typically something that you need to talk to a person one on one about.

Solution

Can anybody suggest alternative way for live support. As some of the hosting providers do not provide complete support on live chat even if the service is managed one. What is better way to contact them? Sometimes even support tickets response is not so quick..

Basically its depend on your service, which kind of service or product you are providing. If your service/products don't required 24x7 support then you can use live chat support for specific time period like one shift and Skype for remaining two shifts, so you can manage it from your mobile easily :thumbup:

Their is no alternative to live support. Skype can take place as second to live support facility.
Sometimes communicating via Skype comes out to be more helpful and useful.

Skype is the closest to live chat and very popular these days.

Although live chat isn't always needed, some companies do just fine without it. It's better to offer no chat than chat that's unreliable or not available often.

Email, phone, skype is what we provide. Support over the phone is the worst, but what must customer's require. Lots of waiting around to type and get answers. Much easier to get an email/support ticket so that I can spend a few minutes getting an answer without hearing my breathing and typing.

We use Intercom which combines live chat, support, intelligence and acquisition.

It's rather expensive but brings all support together.

We regularly get comments about how people love it. It's like live chat but also incorporates email.. if the chat drops off it will send them an email. then conversation can be carried on by email as if it's support.

We Also allow tickets the regular way.

We use Intercom which combines live chat, support, intelligence and acquisition.

It's rather expensive but brings all support together.

We regularly get comments about how people love it. It's like live chat but also incorporates email.. if the chat drops off it will send them an email. then conversation can be carried on by email as if it's support.

We Also allow tickets the regular way.

Never came across this solution before, looks like an interesting spin on chat/support mechanism with an intelligence engine in-between. I bookmarked the site to go over the features in more detail later.

Never came across this solution before, looks like an interesting spin on chat/support mechanism with an intelligence engine in-between. I bookmarked the site to go over the features in more detail later.

I'm really loving using Intercom. It's still early days for us, hopefully the cost justified later down the live, so far feedback has been positive.

You can sign up to specific products they offer if you don't need the full package.

They have a competitor which may be worth looking at https://userengage.io

User Engage is essentially a much cheaper copy of Intercom, it actually does more, but is not quite as polished.

This is an interesting platform / pricing is from 60 to 90 per month / but there is also a free product for application developers / not related to the support features but allows an app developer to track usage data and track user behavior inside of their application ...

Interesting

https://www.intercom.com/customer-intelligence

Dave

I'm not a huge proponent of live chat, at least for support issues. Pre-sales is fine. So many support issues require an amount of research that's not conducive to keeping a client on hold (so to speak) waiting on a response.