About SSL Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoC

Well, I don't really know about SSL Certificate. Could someone help me with it? And what are reasonable prices range of it? Thx in advance.

You can get them from free if you use a provider that has Let's Encrypt. Beyond that you can get paid ones as low as like $10.

What help do you need, exactly?

Secure Sockets Layer - it's some kind of secure connection between you and the server. So its purpose is for security. It allows your applications to communicate with the server secured.

Knowing more about your needs for having one would help out. Is it for one site, your hosting company where you need a Wildcard SSL for secure multiple servers under the same hostname setup, business validation, etc. You want to know why you need it up front and get the right one for your needs to save yourself time and money.

I t is a certificate that you can either self signed or make it signed by a trusted source. If signed by a trusted source, the visitor of your website will see a secured icon in the address bar when visiting your website. This icon certify that the transfered data between him and your website cannot be seen by anyone but both of you.

SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. It is a security standard which facilitates encrypted communication between a browser and a web server. You can purchase SSL certificates for your website if you wish to have payment functions. Some providers may include Comodo, Namecheap etc.

SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer. It is a security standard which facilitates encrypted communication between a browser, web server and payment processor. You should purchase SSL certificates for your website if you wish to have payment functions. Some SSL providers may include Comodo, Namecheap etc.

I have corrected you on a few points

Well, I don't really know about SSL Certificate. Could someone help me with it? And what are reasonable prices range of it? Thx in advance.

SSL Means Secured Socket Layer. providing security to Your browser and servers.check with providers who are providing more addons including SSL .

SSL (Secure Socket layer) allows you to securely establish the connection between web-browser and links on your website. These links ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.

SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers. When there is a green bar of SSL on your website then customers trust your website and will be more likely to buy from you.

SSL protects sensitive information from hackers and identity thieves.

I'd like to suggest, go with trusted vendor's SSL to avoid security issues. You can go with free SSL provided by your service provider, but first confirm all security breaches they are following.

SSL is essentially dead now that SSL v3 is no longer considered secure. What everybody is referring to as SSL is really TLS.

Just a tidbit of information not many are aware of. We all generally still refer to it as 'SSL' as that's what it has become known as - just like we call adhesive bandages "Band-Aids" even though that's a brand and not actually a type of object.

SSL is essentially dead now that SSL v3 is no longer considered secure. What everybody is referring to as SSL is really TLS.

Just a tidbit of information not many are aware of. We all generally still refer to it as 'SSL' as that's what it has become known as - just like we call adhesive bandages "Band-Aids" even though that's a brand and not actually a type of object.

SSLs had to change when it was clear IPv4 addresses where running low. SSL v3 no longer require dedicated IPs the run using SNI

It is used to secure communications between a host or server, website, and end users that are connecting to that server.

SSL stands for "Secure Sockets Layer", It is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.

The Majority of the people first look for the https:// prefix in their browser bar ahead of submitting personal information i.e credit card details, thus it is necessary to have a green https:// on your website.

Pricing starts from $20/year.

It depends on the type of certificate you get. Normally a domain-validation single domain certificate will be adequate if you are getting started, the cost would be between $15-$25 depending on which provider you buy it from. If you also host your own mail server at mail.yourdomain.com or use other sub domain names for such a purpose, you should get wildcard SSL, which will secure *.yourdomain.com. It costs about $60-$80.

SSL symbolizes the Secure Sockets Layer and, in short, it's the standard technology for keeping an internet connection secure and safeguarding any sensitive data that is being sent between two systems, preventing criminals from reading and modifying any information transferred, including potential personal details.
SSL prices start from $11/ per year.

From a cryptographic point of view any good certificate RSA, 2048 plus bits, or EC 256 plus bits will be almost impossible to crack. However, should you want to appear more legit then an EV Certificate from a good brand shows that you have been audited and your company information and contact details are correct. These can run into 100s of dollars. However, a normal OV certificate does not offer sufficient advantage over LetsEncrypt free certificates to make it worth the $10 you would pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.